Awasisak Nikan Child Family Services Inc. is an independent Indian Child and Family Services agency located in west central Saskatchewan. Awasisak Nikan CFS is seeking highly motivated individual, who thrive in a dynamic work environment, who is well organized, problem solving, critical thinking, decision making and team conscious in daily responsibilities to fill the position of Intake/Protection/Investigation Worker.
Report directly to the Protection Supervisor, the Intake/Protection/Investigation worker immediately responds to all allegations, act as the first point of professional contact, between the Agency and the potential clients. They investigate whether a child/children needs protection, creating tentative treatment plans in such cases and take emergency action where indicated to protect the child.
- Must have BSW/BISW with significant experience in a social services organization and a commitment to the FSIN Child Welfare and Family Support Act and The Child and Family Service Act of Saskatchewan.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years Child and Family Services experience. Must also include three (3) professional references
- Must possess a Class 5 Drivers License and submit a current Criminal Record Check, and proof of education.
- Knowledge of Cree culture and language would be an asset.
- MSS core training would be an asset.
Closing date: March 10, 2020
How to apply: Submit your detailed cover letter, resume and references via email, mail, fax or in person to:
Esther Albert – Finance/HR Manager - Administration
Thunderchild First Nation
Box 368, Turtleford, SK S0M 2Y0
Tel: (306)845-1426 Fax: (306)845-1428
**Those who are selected will be contacted and thank you all for expressing your interest **