Public Works & Housing

 Portfolio Chief Delbert Wapass

Cell: 306-845-8169




Remember to change/clean your filters every 3 months it helps with the following:

 Ø A cleaner Home – decreases dust

Ø Improve Air Quality – clean air

Ø A More Efficient Furnace - warmer


 Ø The driver does have a schedule for everyone that requires a pump-out.

Please remember to check your tank at times when you think it may be full.

This prevents it from backing up in the basement and crawl space.


The following is the responsibility of each homeowner/community member:


 Ø Ensure that your garbage is properly BAGGED & TIED before placing in the garbage bin.

 Ø Large items – A work order form is needed so arrangements can be made to have the

Sanitation Personnel pick these items up and disposed of properly.

 Ø Do NOT throw needles in the garbage. Please contact the health center for proper

disposal/sharp container.

 Ø It is YOUR responsibility to pick up garbage around your yard and inside your garbage bin.

 Doing this prevents dogs from making a mess and bears from coming into the yards.

Please remember that TCFN has approximately 250 units and the maintenance men/woman

try there best each and everyday to get to each and EVERYONE of you. So please be patient

and kind to one another as we are all here to work together.

Emergency calls are for the following:

 Ø Furnace is out

 Ø Sewer back up

 Ø Leaking pipes- is NOT an emergency if you can turn the main

valve off till the next workday. (Unless: your elder)

  A plugged or clogged toilet is NOT considered

an emergency. (Unless: you’re an elder)



Ernie Jimmy

Public Works/Housing Director

306 845 9312

Elijah Horse

Coordinator of Housing

639 844 7090

Melanie Starr 

Public Works Receptionist


Emergency Control Group


Fire Department

  • Thunderchild First Nation - 306 845 4300 ext.235
  • Manford Jack - (Fire Chief) - - 306 392 0087
  • Dwayne Noon -  306 845 6757

Public Works Department

Do It Yourself Videos

- How to unclog your sink

- How to unclog your tub

- How to repair leaking sink drain

- How to fix leaking pipe

- Tips how to fix your furnace

- Tips how to fix your water heater

Manford Jack


Community Buildings/Housing Maintenance/Fire Chief

Herman Peechew

Water Treatment Operator



Contact Information

Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 600
Turtleford, SK, Canada

Phone: 1 (306) 845-4300
Fax: 1 (306) 845-3230
Toll-free: 1 (866) 395-8888

Brief (Programs) : What Services are Offered

  • Road maintenance: Grader, Backhoe, Gravel Truck
  • Sanitation Services: Sewer Pump outs, Garbage pick up
  • Fire Protection: Fire truck, Fire fighting
  • Water treatment plants - 115B and 115C
  • Plumbing repairs and maintenance: Community Buildings/Band/CMHC Housing
  • Electrical repairs contracted out to various individuals or companies
  • Community Buildings - Maintenance, Custodial services and security
  • Water delivery services

Application Process & Follow Up

Request for minor maintenance forms are required to be filled out, this form includes the name of the tenant, house number, date, priority, type of work required, description of work required

When maintenance personnel attend to these requests they fill in the follow up notes, as to what was done and what steps were taken to remedy the problem, and if outside agencies were called

Once forms are completed and dealt with satisfactorily, these forms are then filed in the householder's file

Housing Department

Click here to Download Capital Housing Application

Contact Information

Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 600
Turtleford, SK, Canada

Phone: 1 (306) 845-4300
Fax: 1 (306) 845-3869
Toll-free: 1 (866) 395-8888

Brief (Programs) : What Services are Offered

  • Band Housing - houses built by band
  • CMHC Housing - house built by band but with a CMHC loan
  • Renovations - major or minor renovations band housing
  • Renovations - major renovations for CMHC housing are done with funds from replacement reserves, application must be made to CMHC to access these funds
  • RRAP Projects - applications for renovations, are made to CMHC on behalf of individuals who reside in band houses. Band houses are only eligible for RRAP Renovations once in the lifetime of the house. CMHC houses are only eligible for RRAP renovations in special circumstances
  • Custodial and maintenance services for the following
    • Chief and Council Offices
    • Thunder Oil
    • Lands Office
    • Meeting Rooms
    • Classrooms
    • Residence

Application Process & Follow Up

  • Applications are filled out by the individuals who are applying for new housing or renovations. Deadline for applications is on Febuary 28th of each year
  • All applications must be updated yearly
  • All applications require the applicants name, current address and phone number, number of dependents, ages of dependents, where applicant is residing at the time of application, condition of current residence if applicable, date of application and to specify whether applying for new housing or renovations
  • Applications are reviewed and recipients of new housing or renovations are selected as per criteria set out in the Thunderchild First Nation Housing policy
  • All applicants are informed by letter as to whether or not their application for new housing or renovations has been approved
  • All applicants are informed by letter as to whether or not their application for new housing or renovations has been approved
  • Applications for units in residence must be filled out at the housing office
  • All requests for maintenance must go through the Public Works office
  • Custodial staff must be given adequate notice for meetings
  • Custodial staff must be informed when there is a vacancy in the residence