The Piyesiw Awasis (Thunderchild) School has embarked on implementing a Thunderchild education system with Thunderchild content, perspectives, ways of knowing, history and language, as its center of the curriculum while meeting the Provincial Ministry requirements. Its core vision is centered around the belief that “our Children (Otawasimisimawak) are Sacred Gifts from the Creator” and are to be nurtured to become the best Thunderchild citizens from a physical, mental, intellectual and spiritual perspective. The school is based on a student-centered education facility.
The Thunderchild First Nation Piyesiw Awasis School is inviting applications for Educational Assistants to share in this vision through the provision of the best supportive and innovative instruction.
Location: Thunderchild First Nation
Closing Date: open until filled
General Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Assist students with lessons under direct supervision of classroom teacher
- Monitor and report to classroom teacher on student progress
- Assist in preparation of learning materials and environment
- Accompany and supervise students during activities in school gymnasiums, laboratories, libraries, resource centers and on field trips
- Must possess a Grade 12 diploma or Educational Assistant Certificate
- Must possess a Saskatchewan Professional “A” Teaching Certificate or be eligible to obtain same
- Must be willing to learn Thunderchild perspectives and ways of knowing
- Must be fluent or be willing to learn to speak the Plains Cree “Y” Dialect
- Must possess at least a class 5 Drivers License (Saskatchewan equivalent) and own personal vehicle
Application and Other Documents:
- Resume with three references
- Criminal Records check with Vulnerable Sector Check/ Child Abuse Registry check
Please submit resumes to: Florence Kanhai
Piyesiw Awasis School
PO Box 600 Turtleford, SK. S0M 2Y0
Tel: (306) 845-3997
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.