Chief Financial Officer
The Thunderchild First Nation is looking for a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) who is responsible for all the duties delegated and assigned under the Thunderchild Financial Administration Law, which includes managing the Finance Program department, providing effective financial leadership and financial advice to the Chief and Council and senior management to ensure the long-term health of the Band’s finances.
The CFO will be responsible for developing, implementing and administering financial management, TCFN Global budgeting processes and audit reporting systems in accordance with the Thunderchild’s Financial Administration Law, policies and procedures.
- Professional accounting designation (CPA) preferred and/or Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce specializing in accounting, and a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a senior financial management role in a First Nations Government or similar training and work experience.
- must possess outstanding strategic long and short-term financial planning, leadership and communications skills,
- responsible for developing and maintaining a work environment that is supportive to the organization
- Valid Driver license
- Preferred experience working with First Nation communities
- Willing to be subjected to random alcohol and drug tests
- Proficient in computer applications, MS Office and financial accounting software (preferably AccPac)
- Canadian citizenship
CLOSING DATE: position open until filled.
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit your detailed cover letter, resume and references to:
Director of Operations
Thunderchild First Nation
Box 600 Turtleford, SK. S0M 2Y0
Cell Phone: 639 844 7997 Fax: 306.845.3230